12.10.2009

LET IT SNOW




Sydney has patiently been waiting for the snow to cover up all the grass (that was the definition I gave her of when we could build a snow man). I was so relieved that the first good snow of the season was a nice, packy, snow man making snow! It was still pretty warm out for this time of year and it reminded me of the excitement we used to have as kids when it would snow in Portland. School would be cancelled, the whole neighborhood would be out playing, and half the parents would be home from work. The city shut down, and as a kid it seemed magical. Sydney was that excited to be out throwing snow balls and building a snow man with dad and mom. It was really great when the big kids down the street came over from their snow ball fight to look at the big snow man she was making!


As you can see Asher was not all that enthused with being outside in the cold but I was really hoping we would have a good snow fall this year before we left, and I got my Christmas wish!

A moment to remember!

No comments: