1.30.2009

Asher's first haircut

 
Haircuts. Something I am quite apprehensive of. My kids are so cute, to me, and I have been a bit afraid of ruining it with one bad haircut. I know that sounds shallow, but come on, aren't we all a little vain. I want my kids to look their best ... and sometimes I do believe that means their look should be complete with bed hair and mud for the spontanious fun look. A kid will be a kid and my oh my Asher has fun. I was so impressed that he sat at all to let me cut. I would use the comb and hand it to him while I cut and then again and again. Every time I passed him the comb he felt proud and like a little helper as he passed it back to me. His pass times these days enclude sitting(and climbing) on chairs, cooking with MY kitchen tools, and throwing anything of his sisters out of order; oh and a little dancing here and there. He is a joyful celebration of life and I am proud to be his mama. I can't believe that I already have a little locket of hair for his scrapbook ... time is passing by, moment by priceless moment
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tasha Lehman said...

I totally understand about the haircuts! Every time I mess up on the boys I'm like, "Oh no! Are they still cute?!" Of course they are, just with a little gouge in their hair!

auntydeb said...

Wow! He looks so grown up with the new haircut. And still so cute. Or should I say handsome since he looks like a "Big little man".