5.18.2008

Looking through little eyes

 

This weekend we visited a friends new house and drove up to a beautifully large yard with so much room. Instantly I thought of how wonderful that would be for my kids to get to grow up in ... room for a garden, a pool & deck, and really whatever we would want. In this season I try to remember to look through the eyes of my daughter. She thinks her little yard is great and finds joy in all of it ... I want that child like contentment to never fade. I am one of the biggest influences she will have, on days where I may be consumed with one thing or another, what will she remember about the day? Will she recall her mother saying "One minute, I'm coming" (a line she just picked up, from me I am sure) or will she remmeber me out in the yard playing and accepting each dandilion as if it where the beautiful flower that she sees it to be. As we all get older I hope I can act younger in ways, enjoying the little things and being thankful for all of them, growing in my family a joy and contentment in everything.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Great thoughts! Don't worry Julie, you are an incredible mother and everyone who has seen you with your kids knows that :-)

A week ago I asked Sydney what her favorite flower was and she said "dandilion!" I had to laugh.