11.04.2008
Fresh from the oven
Oatmeal cookies ... with a little chocolate of course.
Sydney has always loved to be a part of everything I am doing. She finds such joy in helping and I want to encourage that. At least once a week she pulls a chair up to the counter and helps me make some homemade treats for the family. It has been a lot of pumpkin lately, but these cookies are her favorite. It is such a great opportunity for her to learn practicle applications to facts. We count the ingrediants as they go in and learn patience as we stir slowly, not letting the flour blow all around. We talk about how great it feels to make something from nothing and how much greater it even is to then give them away to friends. I just love teaching my kids in everyday life! I am so reluctant to start school becuase of loosing this kind of time ... what will she be learning there?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
You're right, Sydney and Charlie do have a lot in common! Maybe they can open a bakery together one day!
I love it! She is learning so much from you at home in your day to day living. Keep up the great work Julie! You're such a good mama.
Justin baked cookies on Saturday night. You guys eat a lot of cookies. How do you all stay so thin?
Post a Comment